We are really looking forward to welcoming our guests back to The Ryedale from the 17th July.
You will see some changes at The Ryedale based on government guides lines to give our guests and ourselves a safe environment whilst you enjoy your holiday with us. There may be some alterations on these changes if we get any further guidance from the government.
- We have installed hand sanitizer units in public places.
- We will be wearing masks and gloves where it its appropriate to do so.
- We recommend that guests wear a face covering whilst in the communal areas such as hall, stairs & landing.
- We ask that you do not congregate in the halls or stairs as this could restrict other guests from accessing their rooms or the communal areas. The 1+ metre social distancing rule should be followed where possible.
- All high traffic contact areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Our reception table has been cleared of all unnecessary items including the guest book, but please free to leave online reviews.
- All room keys will be disinfected between guests.
- Sadly due to the situation you will find changes to your room. We have changed our luxury coat hangers to metal ones. we have removed all non-essential items-cushions, tissues, ornaments, guest information folders, cotton wool/ear bud pots and spare blankets (please bring your own blankets if you feel you will need one in addition to our quilts)
- Hair dryers and iron/ironing boards are still available on request-so we can have them back to disinfect after use.
- Between guest stays we will be implementing additional cleaning procedures , above and beyond our normal ones, that includes disinfecting all hard services, sanitizing all common touch points, steam cleaning fabric upholstered furniture.
- We will still service rooms daily providing you have left your room for a long enough period to allow us to do this. The latest time for this is 12 Midday. However it will not be a usual service. We will not touch any of your personal possessions, bedding or towels. We will empty bins, replenish hospitality trays where necessary and clean your e-suite. Please inform us if you do not want us to come into your room.
- You will find your TV remote control in clingfilm.(it does work) It should remain in the clingfilm as we will change it at the end of your stay.
- We have removed toy boxes, games and our book exchange library.
- You will see some changes to the dining room to allow for social distancing. We will monitor the space daily. There will be the usual one sitting for breakfast, but we have reduced the amount of tables as some of our room are now being booked as room only. These changes allow us to minimize the amount of people in the breakfast room, so maintaining social distancing.
- We will not be providing a buffet at breakfast. This does mean you will have to pre-order all breakfast items by the previous evening. We will still have the same level of choice and in addition to this, those who do not wish to join us for breakfast you will be able to pre-order a "Packed Breakfast". This will be ready to collect in the morning when breakfast service has finished. The option of packed breakfast will also be available to room only bookings at an additional charge.
- Finally, if you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not travel. We have made some changes in our terms and conditions to allow you to move your stay and visit us in the future.
COVID-19 Holiday Amendments
- We have amended our usual terms and conditions if you need to change your booking due to reasons linked with COVID-19. You can now amend your stay with us and use the same deposit for a holiday up to the end of our season in 2021. If you can not commit to a new date straight away we are happy to hold your deposit until you can confirm a new date. If by amending your stay at short notice you might be still liable for ferry booking cancellation fees if booked by us.
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying at The Ryedale
- If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying at The Ryedale you must immediately inform Hayley and John, Then you and the rest of your holiday party will need to immediately go into self-isolation in your rooms. We will make suitable arrangements for food, drink and medical supplies to reach you.
- You must then request a test by phoning 119 or via the internet www.nhs.uk/coronavirus. You will need to enter our post code to obtain a test on the Isle of Wight, which is PO37 7AT. The test site is at 1Leisure, Medina, Newport.
- If your test is negative you can continue your holiday. If your test is positive you and all your party will need to return home immediately, we will assist you in making your travel arrangements. You will not be able to remain in self-isolation at The Ryedale.
- If you are unable to complete your holiday our normal terms and conditions will apply and we are afraid you will NOT be refunded for any days of your holiday not taken.